Wednesday, September 26, 2007

New Yarn!!







As most of you may know, some months ago I bought a spinning wheel. I have been spinning a little here and there and have come out with some pretty great stuff.

This is that amethyst batting I spun up a while back. I was going to ply it, but if I do, I won't have enough to do anything with so I decided to use it single ply. This is about 1 oz and about 217 yds.




Bad picture. I know. Anyway, I think I had a better pic on another blog but there it is all skeined and ready to knit. I'm about halfway through the other ounce so I won't start until I have it all spun up but that's will have to wait for this:




This is a very yummy Mystery Batt called Fairy Nights. It's by Mountain Shadow Ranch and she has some very yummy batts in a bunch of gorgeous colorways. I bought another one called Mermaid Lagoon. It's all blues and greens.


Any way I just love this one and have already spun about 1 1/2 oz of it. I bought 4 oz of each colorway hoping that if I can get about 200 yds per oz, I would have enough for a decent shawl. Each batt is a little over an ounce (The pic is a whole batt and about the size of a TV tray table thing.) and she only charges about $5 for them.


This is what it looks like spun up so far:


Oh and the shiny parts are sparklies!!! Lots and lots of colored sparkle hairs running through them. I can't wait to see how this knits up. I will have to totally keep you posted.

1 comment:

Loralie said...

Oooh very nice spinning! That yarn is beautiful!