Thursday, September 27, 2007

Continuing from Yesterday



Well, yesterday I got kind cut short because the kids came home from school and I realized that I needed to get ready for work. Anyway, I'm just about finished spinning the other 1/2 oz of the Fairy Nights so I hopefully will have it skeined and everything this weekend. I plan on using it for this. It's the Crystalline Shawl by Jade Sapphire. It kind of looks like butterfly wings. You can click on the pic to make it larger. It calls for 700 yds on the pattern although on the web page it says 800. Hopefully I will get a little more than 800 yds so I'll be safe.

I've tried to look through the pattern and it's all charted which is good but some of the written instruction that leads up to the charted parts is a little confusing. I may need some help with this one.

Any way I forgot to post the pics of the new sock yarn I bought last week.




It's Trekking!! I bought Dwayne some Trekking a few months ago in a grey and khaki colorway thinking I would make him some work socks. He didn't like the yarn and said that it was boring and how come he can't have nice colored socks like mine. So other than buy him bright fushia, I thought this might make him some nice "guy" socks and I won't go blind from the bland lack of color.






I also picked this up as well:


It's Jitterbug in Florentina (I think). I really love the Jitterbug sock yarn and have a pair in the Tuscana colorway which are not quite finished because i made them a bit too long and now I don't have enough to finish the second one.
The first one is really soft though and I know if I make another pair for this colorway, I have to make them a bit shorter. In the meantime, I have to wait out the LYS getting more in or trying to find someone who has a little left.
Oh well, you thing toeless socks for sandals will ever be a fashion statement?

2 comments:

Loralie said...

Oh I like that new yarn! And I'm sure he'll like that nice blue! And the Crystalline Shawl is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

mwuitqjil www.louisvuittononlineshoes.com iytqdnrht [url=http://www.louisvuittononlineshoes.com]louis vuitton for sale[/url] jaypfiysm
bbrsdvluq www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com arouocaba [url=http://www.louisvuittonhandbagsdiscountsale.com]louis vuitton wallet[/url] viytaveji
rqsaozims www.louisvuittonreplicbagsonline.com nukokzctn [url=http://www.louisvuittonreplicbagsonline.com]louis vuitton handbags uk[/url] leddouemc
dbtirztmx www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbag.com fdkdvepac [url=http://www.newdiscountlouisvuittonhandbag.com]cheap louis vuitton bags[/url] adpmgrajk
yaqckjseb www.louisvuittonluggageonline.com xrilajpff [url=http://www.louisvuittonluggageonline.com]louis vuitton[/url] mjukpxwax