Wednesday, August 22, 2007

So much:

I have so much going on the last month, I have no idea where to begin. I helped Lili start a fashion blog and taking after her mother, she has only posted once.

I finished the pastel colored socks which I totally love and started on the Jitterbug socks. I finished one and am about half way on the other when I decided to weigh my yarns and realize I'm going to run way short on the second sock. I'll have to buy a new skein next week and maybe make one of the kids a pair with the left overs.

I finished a great lace sweater that I was working on and then ripped most of it out when it was just too big. (I really don't understand the reasoning behind knitting a swatch and getting gauge if later on it doesn't help and whatever I'm knitting is still the wrong size.) Anyway, it's lace rib on the bottom and stockinette from the boobage area up into a scoop neck tank. I frogged the boobage part and am knitting it back up on a sz smaller needle which should "take it in" just enough (1 1/2 stiches per 4 inches) to fit right when I'm done. We'll see.

I have one more repeat of my yellow shawl before I pick up the middle panel. I haven't done any work on my mom's Christmas shawl.

I did attend a wedding in Georgia last weekend for a really good friend and did almost no knitting for 5 days. I was suffering from withdrawls and barely knew what to do with myself. Ahh, it's good to be home. If only I can get the kids to stop fighting long enough to get something done.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh that sweater you're working on sounds very pretty! Hopefully it works out right this time!

What's the URL of Lili's blog? It would be interesting to check out!

Brittany said...

Okay but she only posted once since July and she is only 9 so remember that. It is kind of cute though.
http://lilistalk.blogspot.com/

I'm almost finished my sweater. One side left to sew up and then I have to do the crochet edging. I'm thinking about adding some beads in the edging of the neckline. We'll see.